Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 24 May 2005
Today I got in the mail something about Renewing Domains
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Oprah
Today I got in the mail an advertisement (I think) To renew my domain. I have never gotten an snail mail advert untill today. The letter comes from Domain Registry of America

It says as a courtesy to domain name holders, we're sending you this notification of the domain name registration that is due to expire in the next few months. When you switch today, to the Domain Registry of Amerca, you can take advantage of our best savings.

How do I get out of people sending this crap if it's not from Angelfire? Or if it is from Angelfire, when did they start sending it. Why do they give out my address if they haven't sent anything out?

Posted by Holli at 4:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 23 May 2005

Was/is there some kind of upgrade going on?
I could not access angelfire blogs yesterday. Also my photo albums and my friend's photo albums are not opening.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 7:13 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 20 May 2005
Frames
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: HTML Questions
How do I add frames? I have all the html written but i dont know how to put my home page inside the inline frame. Does anyone know what I am talking about or how to fix it??? Thank you. Charlane

Posted by ct3/davesbabygirl411 at 1:39 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 19 May 2005
Front Page 2002 Problems
Mood:  irritated
Topic: FrontPage
Does anyone here have problems uploading Front Page 2002 Webs? I have spent two hours trying to get this doggone thing to upload a web. The basic problem, I think, is trying to get the server extensions enabled. The first little part on Angelfire takes you to a page saying to open a Web folder in My Computer. I have no web folder in My computer. The only Web folder is one I have for the web, and I can double click it to death, and not receive the info Anglefire says in there? the instructions for this make no sense...Anyone with help or a suggestion on how to make this thing work is appreciated... Yes...I have contacted Angelfire, but no response in the last two hours...? PS: And yes, I have looked over all the FAQ, the help and on and on and on.... Thanks, Mac

Posted by film2/fadedmemories at 4:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
cgi-bin/form
Please Help.I am having problems getting FormMail to work in my cgi-bin. I am getting "Bad Referrer-Access Denied" when I try to view the formmail.cgi in the cgi-bin. Angelfire says to add their www. to the referers array. so i went on the formmail.cgi and added angelfires www.angelfire.lycos.com to my @ referers array on the form mail and am still getting bad referer.

Posted by hi5/kidstop at 2:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (15) | Permalink | Share This Post
How to insert an mp3 for my blog background music
Mood:  don't ask
Can somebody help me here..I'm quite new with this and I dunno how to upload an mp3 to the webshell..help anyone..thanks

Posted by dragon3/pj_1 at 2:49 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 18 May 2005
web page problems
Hello

I am new to this so please bear with me, I am trying to create a web page so I followed the instructions I open my web folder from my desktop clicked on add web folder wizard referenced ny wesite but it would not accept my password, Any suggestions would be greatfully apreciated.

Please send any information to KGARNER0764@yahoo.com
thanks

KEN

Posted by ab8/convergingdynamics at 8:01 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Alot of times when I click the "preview" button to see what my page will look like it won't work.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted by crazy4/claymd at 3:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
cw-others (hoover links and more)
I updated my website. There are some more pictures up.

Also are hoover links allowed to be used on my site?

Those are the kind of html codes I'm looking for

Posted by Holli at 7:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 17 May 2005
marylee
I have a problem, I tried to build a second set of web pages because I had so much space and it has overwritten my first web pages so that I can't bring them up on my regular web page address HELP!!!!

Posted by or/maryleespage at 12:57 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
i was i am i will always stay the angelbaby
Mood:  on fire
Now Playing: who's my best singer
Topic: Image Questions
well guess and have what u want

Posted by crazy4/angelbaby_me at 10:15 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 16 May 2005
Web Page Creation
I am having a problem with STEP 8 Creating Links

It is not working...It will only display the description and not the actual links...
Thank you.

Posted by falcon2/l_cari at 5:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
cw - mike - others
Now Playing: news
Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time out to help me. It is greatly appreciated. Sometimes I'll ask basic questions sometimes I'll ask questions that don't make sense and yet you seem to help me just as good.
Thank you all for taking time out to help on the website

My question is: How can I change my control color panel on my blog if possible?

Posted by Holli at 6:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 15 May 2005
not working
Now Playing: ?
i made a website i saved it then previewed it and saw it didnt come out right.please help.

Posted by punk5/kaivon at 10:25 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Question web page
Mood:  not sure
I'm trying to build a web page (newbie). I hit advance/converter and now it will not let me edit the page.
How can I delete and begin anew?

Plus when I previewed I noticed none of the colors only white background and black fonts.

It did not show the favorite links only the descriptions.

Is there anyone there who has done a genealogy web page that I might take a look at theirs to get ideas?

Thanks,

Posted by falcon2/l_cari at 10:23 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 14 May 2005

can i link my site https://www.angelfire.com/goth2/eternal_dark
to my blog
https://www.angelfire.com/goth2/eternal_dark/musicblog
because i tried it the normal way and it doesnt work

Posted by goth2/eternal_dark at 2:10 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I change panelbackground on my blog?
How do I change the color of my control panel if that's allowed?

Posted by Holli at 8:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 13 May 2005
Hi I need blog help please
This is what I'm dealing with. I tried to go into my BLOG ADVANCED SETTINGS TO MAIN LAYOUT to add a background to my blog and this is what happened the next day when I went to change my background... This has been like this for a week...

https://www.angelfire.com/fl5/afloridagal/sample.html

I was told it should be fixed by today but I'm a little anxious...

Thanks in advance...
Holli

Posted by Holli at 6:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 11 May 2005
embed/loop problem
Mood:  quizzical
For background sound on my website, I have an "embed" code with "loop=true." This should play the item continuously. However, it usually plays once, then has an ugly pause of 20-30 seconds, during which the mouse command is frozen. Then, it starts again, freeing the mouse. On occasion, it may play two or three times in a row, then again, it may pause. Is there anything I can do to have it play really continuously? Thanks for any help. Lou. (This blog seems to attract only super-nice people, this gives me the courage to ask a question.)

Posted by mt/ollgf at 9:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 11 May 2005 9:54 PM EDT
Help!!!
HI all im new to angelfire and need help big time. okay anyone help out there would be appreciated! so here i go. first do i need to register a domain name to save it ? i only did the one time set up fee and the the monthly payment.
2nd for instance my website name is www.pinkpenny.net and it redirects to myangelfire page but how to i get my angelfire homepage built? now i did set up a photo album with my store info - is there anyway to get the redirection to my album???

i know this is alot please help and feel free to email me at pinkpennyinfo@aol.com thanks!

Posted by art3/pinkpennyny at 7:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older