Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 18 December 2011
FTP Problems?

Is FTP working? I've been using Filezilla without a problem for several years but today I've been getting the "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server" error. I've tried several angelfire FTP accounts from two different PCs (both running Windows 7), all with the same result. Other FTP sites work OK. Disabling windows firewall and my antivirus software had no effect. Anyone else with this problem?

-E.

Posted by psy/dmr_records at 6:07 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 19 December 2011 - 3:35 AM EST

Name: "anonymous"

Yes, I have noticed the same thing....FTP is not working for me on Angelfire any more. ...but, I am able to upload files, using the Webshell.

Monday, 19 December 2011 - 4:36 AM EST

Yes I am also able to use the FTP option in webshell, but this is much slower and more cumbersome to use compared to an FTP client like, say, filezilla.

Is there a webpage where I can bring this problem to Angelfire's attention?

For painless maintenance of my websites, I really need external FTP to be working.

-E.

Monday, 19 December 2011 - 4:39 AM EST

Angelfire are aware of the FTP problem. From their facebook newsfeed, 8 hours ago approx:

"We are aware that FTP is still down and we will be able to give you a more detailed report tomorrow on this service."

Thursday, 22 December 2011 - 4:40 AM EST

Name: "E"

FTP was working again on Tuesday 20th but now it's gone again, AND I can't even log in now! When I supply my username and password, the system returns with the Thank-You-For-Registering dialog, asking me to confirm a new account. Needless to say I cancelled immediately, just in case it did overwrite my old account. At least my site(s) are still online, but all this makes me very nervous...

ANGELFIRE NEED TO SORT OUT THESE PROBLEMS ASAP.

Sunday, 25 December 2011 - 6:34 PM EST

Name: "Mark Kilroy"
Home Page: http://www.panglaoisland.net

ftp not working? Cannot log in using Microsoft Expression Web however can log in at Angelfire using same ussername & password  

View Latest Entries