Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 10 August 2007
Linking to pages in subdirectories; link lists
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: Image Questions

I'm building a website with Webshell builder...Having lots of fun with it too... But I'm having trouble with my subdirectories. The beginners' guide says that the index.html file and the images folder are supposed to be provided, but I never could find them! So I created another index.html file and it is going very well. All the links on it that I've written pages for work now... I also created an images folder myself and put a couple pictures in it, and they're there all right. But even though I've referenced to them the pics won't show up on my pages. There is only a little box with an x in it.

I'm having this problem with all subdirectories. I have since created two other subdirectories, and some of the links there work, some don't. For example, my index.html file has a my books & portfolio link which links to a my books page that is in the books/ subdirectory. That works fine. Then the books page has a link to dreampony.html that is also inside the books/ subdirectory. That also works fine. But the dreampony file links to 4 other files which I uploaded into the books/ subdirectory. They were originally .rtf Word files. I've tried both the original .rtf files and also I've tried converting them to simple webpage .html files, but both don't work. These pages are very simple with just text, no links on them. But I'd hate to type them out into webshell basic editor myself because they have color layouts and themes which basic editor does not provide as an option and I don't know enough html code to do it myself...

Also, another question: how do I increase the number of links list? What I mean is that in basic editor on the links style it lets you create 3 separate links lists, each with their own titles. What if I wanted 4? I don't see space provided for a fourth title...How can I get it?

Thanks for your help!

Posted by turtlestruebiz at 2:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Friday, 10 August 2007 - 8:46 PM EDT

Name: "anonymous"

look at the code and the files names, you cannot have empty space in the name like

http://turtlestruebiz.angelfire.com/books/the pair.html 

the pair.html  you need to rename the file to thepair.html  or the_pair.html the updtae the link to that page

also you have link like this

http://turtlestruebiz.angelfire.com/books/books/darling.html 

do you have a subdirectory books inside the subdirectory books

did you upload the images also you cannot have empty spaces in the name of the images files. 

use the notepad instead of word files copy and past the text and save the files as html files, upload the html files. 

the subdirectories are there the problem is with the html files are they there are you typing the right names they are case sensetive

Thursday, 18 October 2007 - 12:21 AM EDT

Name: "sofiya"

I have just started to build a website, very inexperienced, found your comment about directories

I have same problem-no images directory provided I am not sure I undesrtood the explanation what to do. Will appreciate any help, thank you for your time,

Sofiya

View Latest Entries