Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 2 January 2007
The Blog manager is back
Topic: News
The blog manager is back,
I need help testing this frame page

https://www.angelfire.com/wi/dalleh/

it loads fine with firefox and IE7 but it won't load in netscape 7 or netscape 8.

thanks,
dalleh

Posted by dalleh at 6:54 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 2 January 2007 - 9:13 PM EST

Name: cw

I checked in 4 different mac browsers. The page looks the same here in NS7.2, IE5.2, Firefox2.0 and Safari 1.3. All frames display in whatever browser i view in and counter increments. Try clearing cache and reloading in NS7/8.

If you need more testing just holler.

Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 12:33 AM EST

Name: mamaG

I agree with cw it all looks good here in all browsers, dalleh.

I just wish i could get my tripod blogs to load in IE browsers! I have the tripod club set as my homepage in FF browser on on both my computers....just so I can get there with a click...
was hopping the blackout would have corrected that, too....lol I figured the gremlin would get tired and go away cause it's right there in the middle of my isp connection - tripod blog server and IE......and it happened so quickly. I tried everything I could think of, it has to be in my router someplace lol

Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 9:47 PM EST

Name: dalleh

thanks cw and MG, i lost netscape 7.2, it started shut down on me with no reason, i tride to reinstall it and that was it, it will not re-instal again so i reinstalled 7.0 to get to my e-mail. netscape 8 is just a browser no e-mail in it. i have ie 7 but i hate it.
netscape 7.0 doesn't work in tripod club.

Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 10:21 PM EST

Download firefox2. it's the same or better than netscape and I've been a long time netscape user until they hijacked my search engine preferences and made Netscape the unchangeable default search engine.

FF is very configurable (via about:config.) You can configure just about anything. I can send you a link to all the config options and how to set them. There are plenty of extensions including a spellchecker that works for all form input including blog posts like this one and tripod's. There's a great ad blocker that not only destroys *all* popups but also removes banner ads like those at free accounts. That improves download time a lot for people like me on modem and removes a major annoyance of surfing.

I also like the many theme options that allow me to customize my browser for holidays, etc.

Open source. Can't beat it.

Wednesday, 3 January 2007 - 10:22 PM EST

For mail use the Firefox companion Thunderbird. Just like the Netscape you're used to. When i switched, all migrated for me from netscape to thunderbird in seconds with no problems.

View Latest Entries