Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 26 June 2006
WTF: Help please Anyone PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  don't ask
Topic: Image Questions
So.......I did the whole image background thing and it worked fine with one problem....image dosent fit-to-page...go figure its 800-600 or somthing like that. So I figured that i could use the page alignment button under edit index and maybe change to stretch or center....didnt work that only works for the words on the page!!!!grrrrrr.....So basically there are to buttons to change stretch minimize maximize images under the background image catagory under the index diretory editing page!!!

someone plz help...

https://www.angelfire.com/planet/teamchowson

E-mail: messinap08@yahoo.com

Posted by planet/teamchowson at 11:51 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 26 June 2006 - 3:45 PM EDT

Name: al4/cheapest-service

learn CSS

Monday, 26 June 2006 - 10:24 PM EDT

Name: dalleh
Home Page: http://www.dalleh.com

add left and top margins to the body tag play with the numbers 10 and 20

<body leftmargin=10 topmargin=20 bgproperties="FIXED">

Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 1:12 AM EDT

It would be better to use percentages instead of fixed width since people have their browsers set to different resolutions.

If my browser is set to 1200 pixes horizontal, and joe schmoe's is 800 and the image is 600 pixels wide, or any combo of the three........it is going to get messy.

Like I said, learn CSS. It's as easy to learn as HTML and gives you more control over your layout.

Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - 10:07 AM EDT

Name: cw

You can't manipulate the dimensions of a BG image with html anywhere, anyplace, ever. The dimensions it's uploaded in are what it is and how it displays.

A "page" displays according to the resolution it's being viewed in. Your problem is that you're expecting your page to conform to what you're used to as printed hard copy. A web page is not hard copy. It is flexible. That's why they call it hypertext, the H in HTML.

Wednesday, 28 June 2006 - 12:57 AM EDT

Try this, just change the image file in the table tag "img/backround.jpg" to the image file you would like to use. This will keep everything nice and centered for you without trying to figgure everything out for different browser resollutions. Anyone with 800px or less will not see left or right margins. For everyone else...the margins to the left and right will be determined by the browser, but will be uniform nonetheless. Simple, yet efective.

Just copy paste n' tweak to your liking :)

<table width="800" align="center" background="img/background.jpg" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="1">

<tr>

<td width="800" bgcolor="red" colspan="2">

<h1>Welcome to my page</h1>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="150">

<a href="">a good place for links</a>

<br />

<br />